Bayahibe Beach, Dominicus 23000, Dominican Republic
Facilities and Services
Quality of Accommodation
Quality of Food

Update by user May 14

The company amicably resolved the issue and we have parted ways.

Original review posted by user Apr 14

Purchased this membership with the full intent for my entire family to use it at the hotels the chain has in the numerous locations as they so much praise.We purchased the membership during our stay at Iberostar Paraiso Linda in May 2016 and used the membership for the first time in Nov 2016 by staying at the Iberostar Hacienda in the DR.

Let me tell you that you that discount that comes with the membership does not offset the heartache . First off, their website does properly work and thus, you have to book it via email and phone calls with the club customer service. This process can take a full day..yes a full day! This is the digital age, and quite embarrassing for a customer to pay over $20k for a service that cannot book a hotel electronically.

So, while you wait a full day for Ibero to book your hotel stay, not only can your flight price wildly swing against you, availability of a flight can also go against you. The perks of the membership at some hotels are not the same as others. When we visited the Hacienda location in the DR, we only got an expedited check in, which really does mean anything if the lobby is not full. The service at the Hacienda hotel was so horrible that we realized that just maybe, most of the hotels may be the same.

The stay in the DR was horrible enough that we never ever want to stay at any Iberostar hotel and no longer wanted to affiliated with the chain . We tried over and over to get rid of the membership, but the hotel had the audacity to offer to cancel the membership without even giving us a refund. We had the membership for 6 months, used it once AND they would not refund.

I even offered a prorate, and they said no.stay away from this membership, it is the worst thing you can do I am most likely going to use my membership for the next 17 years and dedicate serious time to telling potential customers not to purchase the membership Also, I am speaking to some lawyers who are telling me that it may just be possible to file a class action lawsuit against the chain here in the US which is most likely my next step.

Review about: Iberostar Silver Membership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

I didn't like: Usage of the membership clube.

Had an Experience with Iberostar?

Comments

Also scammed in March in Jamaica on Light Blue. Will join class action if needed.

We have the same battle ( -10K) , will join the class action .

My email is natalka2791@gmail.com

I would join in the class action suit as well OneLoveDreamVacations@gmail.com. Thank you. Good Luck to everyone.

Potsdam, New York, United States #1349629

Please include me in any information you have kaurh89@gmail.com. We are not happy with this at all. There are no savings!

Maypearl, Texas, United States #1343547

Please include me in any information zrock1106@gmail.comI would love to know how much you paid for the 10 year membership I paid 18kPlease anyone let me know

Boynton Beach, Florida, United States #1332477

I would be happy to join in the class action.I was taken in Cancun just a few days after I buried my father.

They do not deliver on anything I was told.

There is no savings through this program.I can do better through Expedia!

BTW, this corporation is a Panamanian corporation so the attorney must know the law in that country.

Please communicate with me at cindycarci@hotmail.com.

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States #1326194

I would also join in the class action. email is esoterica1693 at yahoo dot com . I purchased a blue membership

I am happy to be part of the class action suit.my email is therichtwins@gmail.com if you want to contact me.

Sorry you got "caught".

We were lucky enough to get out of the scam right away and even that was hard.Very frustrating.

to lynn Morristown, New Jersey, United States #1318071

Lynn, I was misled into becoming a member, already out 10,000.Is there any way you could tell me how you got out.

droggia1atgmail.com.Thanks Dan,

to Anonymous #1333826

Hello, please let me know if you have ever resolved this issue. Trying to get out of this membership. Marisha1610@yahoo.com

Thank you!