1.5K views

We were ripped off the same way as many others.We were lured into the high pressure sales pitch with the promise of HUGE savings on Iberostar stays.

The sales people (and manager/closer) ask you why you would consider joining an "Iberostar vacation club" and use your answers to tailior the sales pitch to meet your desires, i.e. tell you what you want to hear. The contract is so vaguely worded they point to several parts of it to assure you of what they are telling you. The focus during the duration of the sales pitch is on Iberostar properties which was our primary interest.

We were told this membership is not a timeshare (we had no interst in a timeshare) but you cannot verify your benefits for approximately 2-3 weeks, well beyond the cancellation period. When we tried to use the benefits we thought we had purchased ($>20,000 USD) we were told they were not part of the membership and that we must have misunderstood the contract. Membership representatives (personal conceirge, what a joke!?) point to the same contract as the sales people but tell you it means something else. Again, the contract is so vaguely worded you cannot prove anything that was described during the sales pitch.

Bottom line: NO SAVINGS ON IBEROSTAR - in fact, the modest discount on Iberostar is more than lost on the cost of airfare which is not discounted at all (contrary to another benefit they describe, discounted airfare). This membership basically is a very expensive TIMESHARE the full cost of which is NOT fully paid in your inital contract. The timeshare part is paid for variable amounts of time (depends on the mood of the sales person?) but certainly not for the entire duration of the contract. So youre not done paying yet.

They promise HUGE savings on Iberostar stays with the membership but we (and many others here) have found the opposite.

Despite the promised discounts you can still get a lower cost from one of the free, public travel websites (funjet, apple, etc.).We haven't found any benefit that could justify the >$20,000 USD cost of this "membership".

This person wrote the review because of not as described of iberostar membership from Iberostar. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $25000 and wants Iberostar to have the product delivered.

The most disappointing in user's experience was lied and scammed us. Author liked the most love the hotel. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Iberostar for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Iberostar?

Comments

We sign up for the light blue yesterday, after seeing so many bad reviews, we went to cancel the membership today, I told them. I wanted to cancel after careful consideration, i told them I understand that I will need to pay for the cancellation charges of $2,000 plus the $720 prestigious program and I am welling to let it go. The manager graceful explained the procedure and ask me the reasons why we wanted to cancel and then they gave me the full deposit back and only charge us for one day of prestigious program which is about $42.

I have to say their action have put a positive effect on me, in the future I will review the iberostar club membership again.

Lordicon
Tilton, New Hampshire, United States #1310799

I took a multi pronged approach.Contacted my credit card company and issued a fraud claim.

Money was credited back, temporarily. Lodged complaint with better business bureau of south east florida (company name: Visit Us Inc.). Emailed Iberostar customer service numerous times and lodged multiple complaints, including fraud. Filled out complaint form on mexico tourism board (PROFECO).

I believe pressure from all of the above led to Iberostar refunding all money except for "incentive gifts", i.e.

upgrades, etc.This took a while and a lot of time but in the end my contract was cancelled and I got my money back.

Washingtonville, New York, United States #1217506

I am in the same position as you. I am trying to get a list of all dissatisfied members. Please contact me at (860) 797-0203 if you are interested in filing a class action suit.

to Anonymous Palmetto, Florida, United States #1252946

I have certainly been scammed as well and would like to join this class action suit if it is still going please. I will be calling you tomorrow to get more information.

Same situation for us.We have stayed at many Iberostar resorts and over the years and enjoyed them very much, and we trusted we were joining an "Iberostar" club.

That was not the case.

What is very frustrating is the Iberostar concierge was part of the scam.The company we had come trust for providing great vacations was part of the rip off.

to Anonymous #1263497

Everything written here is 100 percent accurate.Has anyone gotten anywhere?

We recently met with one of the club administrators to try and get things straightened out.

Bad enough to be lied to once but twice ....shame on them!!He did nothing he promised and just wanted to get us out of the lounge so no one would hear us.

to Anonymous #1274360