Resolved

I took a multi pronged approach.Contacted my credit card company and issued a fraud claim.

Money was credited back, temporarily. Lodged complaint with better business bureau of south east florida (company name: Visit Us Inc.). Emailed Iberostar customer service numerous times and lodged multiple complaints, including fraud. Filled out complaint form on mexico tourism board (PROFECO).

I believe pressure from all of the above led to Iberostar refunding all money except for "incentive gifts", i.e. upgrades, etc.

This took a while and a lot of time but in the end my contract was cancelled and I got my money back.This is the best you can hope for.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Comments

Boston, Massachusetts, United States #1274913

I did the same thing and got a refund other than the incentives which they blatantly lie about.They entice you to the sales pitch by promising things like a free massage and when you don't play ball with them they turn very nasty, very fast.

It is unbelievable that a resort like Iberostar would allow a program within their organization to be run like this. It is fraud.

Stay far, far, away and you won't have to waste days and days fighting with them.

Iggyearl

Congratulations!Many people want others to solve their problems.

One has to be their own advocate.

You did a great job pursuing your case.Others should follow your lead.